To purchase an annual individual subscription, it is necessary to pay a one-time entry fee and an annual subscription valid for 12 months. The annual subscription is $146. The one-time entry fee for a new customer is $1,030 and will be added to your order, bringing the total to $1,176.
If you are a new subscriber and do not have a PaDS account you will need to register. Click here to register with PaDS. Once you have registered you will be taken through to the correct order page.
If you are not a new subscriber, but you do not know your username and/or password, go to PaDS and click on the Forgot Username/Password? link. On the next page enter the e-mail address PEP has on file for you and click the ‘Send’ button. Your log in details will be delivered to that email address only (please check your spam folder for emails from email@example.com).
If you are an existing DVD subscriber you will need to log-in to your PaDS account which will be set up to offer you the correct price – an entry price and an annual subscription.
All purchases are subject to PEP’s Terms and Conditions which must be read and agreed to before completing the order process.
Terms and Conditions
Subscribers will be asked to agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Subscriptions to the PEP-Web Archive are valid for twelve months from date of purchase are non-transferable and subject to the conditions of use set out below. Each subscriber is an authorized user.
- Subscriptions are for personal use only. The subscription may not be used for teaching or other activities for a 3rd party (for example a university or public hospital) and access will not be possible from such computers in public institutions with an IP address logged in PEP’s systems.
- Access is to the most up-to-date version of PEP-Web located at https://www.pep-web.org and is only for those who have paid the relevant fees and are registered with PEP (authorized users). No authorized user may assist anyone other than another authorized user to access PEP-Web and is expressly prohibited from doing so in any way whatsoever. Usage is monitored. Any breach of this condition will result in immediate removal of access rights without compensation and in the imposition of a liability to indemnify PEP for any lost subscription fees.
- Content. PEP-Web stays approximately three years behind current journal content. However, due to contractual obligations, there are a few Journals that are five years behind current journal content.
- Additional Fees. PEP intends to keep the annual subscription to PEP-Web stable, increasing by inflation only if necessary. However, if a period of over a week goes by without renewal, applicable late fees will be charged. If more than two years have lapsed, the subscriber must pay the entry fee again at the current rate. Further information may be obtained from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund Policy. Once a subscription is purchased, PEP offers NO REFUND. This policy includes any refund for anyone who joins as an individual and then is subsequently joined through their institute or organization. PEP recommends that you check with any such groups to which you are affiliated prior to subscribing. Should your organization subsequently join PEP, you may let your individual subscription lapse on the originally agreed date and continue on with your affiliated group.
- Each authorized user will either be assigned a username and password on the https://www.psychoanalystdatabase.com (PaDS) site if being added by your organization or will select their own username and password if they are registering as an individual subscriber. Access to PEP-Web will be via each individual’s username and password which are input into the relevant boxes on https://www.pep-web.org and which can be modified by a user through PaDS. Users are liable for the security of their username and password and must not transfer it.
- Authorized Individual Users paying individual rates are entitled to free direct support from PEP Customer Support, by contacting email@example.com for one month following the renewal of their subscription – to ensure they can log-in and access articles. Subsequent support incidents may be charged at PEP’s discretion.
PEP-Web and the PaDS database require a user to have Internet access and an approved browser. There are no limits on use but users should log out when finished as not to do so may affect the performance of the system.
- Availability. PEP has contracted its suppliers for PEP-Web to be available from a link 24 hours a day 7 days a week subject to routine maintenance and in all reasonable circumstances.
- Copyright. The PEP-Web Archive is owned by PEP or its suppliers and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
- All copyright (electronic and other) of the text, images, photographs, and videos of the publications appearing on PEP-Web is retained by the original publishers of the Journals, Books, or Videos. Saving the exceptions noted below, no portion of any of the text, images, photographs, or videos may be reproduced or stored in any form without prior permission of the Copyright owners.
- Authorized Uses. Authorized Users may make all use of the Licensed Materials as is consistent with the Fair Use Provisions of United States and international law. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit in any way whatsoever any Authorized User’s rights under the Fair Use provisions of United States or international law to use the Licensed Materials.
- During the term of any subscription the Licensed Materials may be used for purposes of research, education or other non-commercial use as follows:
- Digitally Copy. Authorized Users may download and digitally copy a reasonable portion of the Licensed Materials for their own use only. In the case of books (including the Freud works), users will be able to download chapters or papers or sections, depending on the item, but not whole works.
- Print Copy. Authorized Users may print (one copy per user) reasonable potions of the Licensed Materials for their own use only. In the case of books (including the Freud works), users will be able to print chapters or papers or sections, depending on the item, but not whole works.
- Termination. In the event of termination of subscription any material downloaded, printed or otherwise stored as permitted in the preceding section should not continue to be available and as far as practicable must be destroyed. Subsequent subscription to PEP-Web will require payment of an entry fee.
- Commercial reproduction. No purchaser or user shall use any portion of the contents of PEP-Web in any form of commercial exploitation, including, but not limited to,
commercial print or broadcast media, and no purchaser or user shall reproduce it as its own any material contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The publishers of the publications appearing on the PEP-Web Archive and PEP disclaim any liability to any party for the accuracy, completeness or availability of any of the material herein, or for any damages arising out of the use or non-use of said material or any information contained therein.
- Copyright Warranty. Licensor warrants that it has the right to license the rights granted under this Agreement to use Licensed Materials, that it has obtained any and all necessary permissions from third parties to license the Licensed Materials, and that use of the Licensed Materials by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms of this Agreement shall not infringe the copyright of any third party. The Licensor shall indemnify and hold Licensee and Authorized Users harmless for any losses, claims, damages, awards, penalties, or injuries incurred, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which arise from any claim by any third party of an alleged infringement of copyright or any other property right arising out of the use of the Licensed Materials by the Licensee or any Authorized User in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. This indemnity shall survive the termination of this agreement. NO LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT IS APPLICABLE TO THIS INDEMNIFICATION.
A 20MB file of bibliographic data for the articles that appear in PEP-Web is available to subscribers in REFER format, which can be imported into EndNote and other bibliography managers. The list is refreshed within 30 days after each major release of PEP (e.g., A1v9, A1v10, etc.) To request access to the .refer file containing the full bibliography, please use the “Provide Feedback” form, accessed by clicking on the Help icon “?” on the main PEP-Web toolbar and selecting “Provide Feedback”. You must have a PEP-Web subscription to request the full bibliography.